Merry Christmas! Hope everyone is having a wonderful time with family and friends. Treat yourselves to plenty of paleo treats and sweets. It is THE holiday after all ;)
Today I will share one of the recipes that I make quite often. It is my Paleo Tuna Cake Recipe. In my pre-paleo days, crab-cakes are one of my all time favorites, how can it not be anyone's all time favorite!? I improvised and made Paleo tuna cakes. You can easily replace the can of tuna with two cans of crab meats and you have Paleo Crab Cakes!
Canned Tuna 1 can
Egg 1 large
Coconut Flour 1 Tbsp
Almond Meal 1 Tbsp
Green Onion (Diced) 1 spring
Paleo Mayo 1 tsp
Dijon Mustard 1 tsp
Dried Bell Peppers (soften in water) 2 tsp
Lemon Juice 1 tsp
Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp
Onion Powder 1/2 tsp
Crushed Black Pepper 1/4 tsp
Sea Salt To taste
Cayenne Pepper pinch
Tabasco sauce (Optional) 1/2 tsp
1. Soak Dried bell peppers in warm water for 10 minutes to soften.
2. Mix all ingredients together and let it sit for 5 minutes to allow coconut flour to absorb some moisture.
3. Form the mixture into 3-4 patties/cakes
4. Pre heat an iron skillet and pan fry tuna cakes both sides in your choice of oil until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes per side on medium heat. (Every stove's heat setting varies, check every few minutes to be sure.)
5. Serve with extra paleo mayo if desire. ENJOY!!!!
Once again, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!